Dr Shidrawi’s main area of interest and expertise is in the use of minimally invasive endoscopic (from within the bowel) techniques to diagnose and treat disease without the need for surgery.
Dr Shidrawi performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures within the gastrointestinal tract, liver, bile ducts and pancreas through a variety of simple and advanced techniques and is a particular specialist in the management of pancreatico-biliary pathology.
We have listed some examples of procedures performed below.
If you would like any additional information about services offered please do contact one of Dr Shidrawi’s secretaries.
- Naso-gastric (NG) tube
- Naso-jejunal (NJ) tube
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube with a jejunal extension (PEG-J)
- Percutaneous endoscopic jejunostomy (PEJ) tube
- Oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD)
- Rigid sigmoidoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
Pancreas and bile ducts
- Diagnostic Endoscopic Retrograde CholangioPancreatography (ERCP)
- Theraputic ERCP including biliary stenting
- Pancreatic endotherapy for chronic pancreatitis
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- EUS-guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage
- EUS-guided mediastinal node fine needle aspiration cytology
- EUS-guided pancreatic fine needle aspiration cytology
Endoscopic removal of tumours
- Endoscopic mucosal resection for sessile polyps
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer
Balloon dilatation and stent placement
- Balloon dilatation of oesophageal, gastric and duodenal strictures
- Achalasia balloon dilatation (30-40mm)
- Endoscopic balloon pyloroplasty
- Oesophageal stenting for oesophageal cancer
- Gastro-duodenal stenting for gastric outlet obstruction
- Balloon dilatation of ileal and colonic strictures
- Colorectal stenting for colorectal cancer