Dr Shidrawi treats a wide range of general medical and gastroenterolgical conditions.
Dr Shidrawi is also highly experienced in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of liver disease.
Dr Shidrawi has a special interest in the treatment of pancreatic and biliary (diseases of the bile ducts) problems.
Dr Shidrawi also has an interest in problems with gastro-intestinal motility, such as gastroparesis.
Dr Shidrawi also has an special interest in weight loss and the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. He has pioneered a novel weight management technique known as Ketogenic Enteral Nutrition. He has a wide experience in the endoscopic treatment of complications of bariatric surgery.
Example of common referrals and conditions
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Bleeding from the GI tract
- Coeliac disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Diverticular disease
- Endoscopic treatment of complications of bariatric surgery
- Food intolerance
- Gastric cancer
- Heartburn (Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Internal hemorrhoids
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Lactose intolerance
- Liver disorders (alcohol and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease)
- Lymph node enlargement
- Metabolic syndrome
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal strictures
- Pancreatic disorders (acute and chronic pancreatitis)
- Peptic ulcer disease (gastric and duodenal)
- Rectal bleeding
- Stones in the Common Bile Duct (Choledocholithiasis)
- Swallowing problems
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Varices (oesophageal, gastric)
- Varices (rectal)
- Intractable vomiting
- Weight loss